Saturday, April 12, 2008

Melancholy

Night of returning
Staying up later than expected,
longer than most days of recent
Future still uncertain, but my past
It is so many moments
I never venture to
Yet so many smiles, so many ways
They have made me laugh out loud
No I cannot find you in tomorrow
But I am lost in the laughter
And comforted in silence
What grace I have found
In knowing purpose
In knowing value
In knowing life
In loving and being loved
How could I have ever known you would mean so much?
My eyes....my eyes are bright blue
They have been washed again and again
What do you see in them?
O sing, I beg you sing,
Sing my song back to me
It will return

1 comment:

lauren h. said...

"My eyes....my eyes are bright blue
They have been washed again and again What do you see in them?
O sing, I beg you sing,
Sing my song back to me
It will return"

These words are beautiful. I am getting more and more giddy about our adventure. :-)